When it comes to finding the perfect baptism gift, it can be difficult to know where to start. There are so many options out there, and it can be tough to decide what would be most meaningful for the child and their family.
Most of the time, attending a christening is a joyous and memorable occasion. Whether you attend for a close friend or loved one, it's important to have thoughtful gifts that show your love in a personalized way.
Here are some popular baptism gift ideas to let you show your love in a sweet and personal manner.
The tradition of giving silver christening gifts goes back to the Middle Ages, when it was believed that the metal could ward off evil spirits and would promote a prosperous and happy life for the child.
The most traditional silver gift is a spoon and bowl set, which symbolizes plenty and nourishment. Interestingly, this is where the expression "born with a silver spoon in their mouth" comes from- buying a costly gift showed that your family was wealthy.
A beautiful gift for a loved one this season can be something as luxurious as good-quality silverware includes:
- A classic silver spoon and dish set for display. There's nothing more classic than a silver spoon and dish set for a baptism gift. This type of gift is not only practical, but it also makes a beautiful keepsake that can be passed down for generations. When choosing a silver spoon and dish set, look for one that is made of high-quality materials. You'll want to make sure the set includes a fork, knife, and spoon so that it can be used for meals. The dish should also be big enough to hold all of the utensils. Personalization is always a nice touch with this type of gift. Have the baby's name engraved on the handle of the spoon or on the side of the dish. You could also add a special message or quote to make the gift even more meaningful.
- A silver cross necklace for the child to wear when they grow older. A silver cross necklace is a perfect gift for a baby christening. It's a beautiful and classic piece of jewelry that the child can wear when they grow older.
- A silver frame to put the christening date or birth certificate in. A silver frame is a beautiful way to commemorate a baby's christening or birth. You can have the baby's name and date of christening engraved on the frame, or you can simply put the birth certificate in the frame. Either way, this makes a lovely and thoughtful gift that the parents will cherish for years to come.
While a christening is a great time to gift someone a present, you don't want the gift to feel generic. This can mean getting an heirloom like a family spoon set or outfit. You might also want to get a personalized present with the child's name and important dates on it.
Think about your own baby. Who would you buy a personal, hand-made gift for? Your grandparents, godparents, or other close family friends. Gifts like teddy bears and blankets personalized with a name are a special way to show others how much you love and care for the child on a personal level. While it's nice whenever you can give this type of gift, it's not required.
If you're low on ideas for personal gifts, check out these suggestions:
- An engraved frame with a picture of the child, their name, and the christening date. An engraved frame with a picture of the child, their name, and the christening date is a beautiful way to commemorate this special event. The frame can be hung on the wall or placed on a tabletop. It makes a wonderful keepsake for the parents and grandparents.
- A monogram baby swaddle bag with the child’s name on it. A monogram baby swaddle bag with the child’s name on it is a practical and unique gift for a baby christening. Swaddle bags are essential for keeping your little one warm and snug, and this personalized version will be loved by parents and baby alike. The simple design means it can be used as a buggy liner or car seat cover too, making it an ideal present for any new parent.
- A keepsake blanket with the child’s name on it. A keepsake blanket is a great choice for a baptism gift. Look for one that is soft and comfortable, with the child’s name on it. A personalized blanket will be a cherished keepsake that the child can use for years to come.
- A keepsake bag for the christening outfit. A christening is a special moment in a child's life, and it is tradition to give them a keepsake bag to help remember the day.
Christening presents, though perhaps not immediately appreciated by small children, are gifts that will stay with them throughout their lives as reminders of the people who care most about them.Looking for the perfect personal christening gift for that important child in your life? Carriage Boutique offers everything from outfits to keepsakes, to make sure you can show your support in style.